Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Overcoming Nerves, The Approach

I'm getting questions from around the world about dating and meeting women and starting a relationship.

I was born in the USA but I've traveled the world. My advice is based on years of successful experience dating American women and women from other Western countries.

While customs and social traditions vary from country to country, some things are Universal. Men and women around the world are pretty much the same. Men want sex and women want to be loved. Men respond to a sexy woman and women respond to a man who has confidence and is a challenge.

Some women insist that a man be good looking. Forget them. Have you seen the ugly guy with the babe? And she's hanging all over him? Wonder why? Because he's very confident and he's in control and she loves that! Ever see the guy who's hanging all over the beautiful babe and she's there sipping on her drink and wondering 'who's next'? You figure it out. HOW do you do it?

I'm getting questions about the approach.

How do you do it? How do you go up to a woman and meet her and ask her for her private phone number.

How do you overcome your nervousness?



Let's start with a simple fact.
You don't know her now.
So whatever you do, you can't blow it.

You can't be farther away than that.

If you don't know her, you don't know her.

If you don't know her you can't lose her.

If you don't know her she can't dump you, she can't break up with you, she can't stop dating you.

In other words, you have nothing to lose.

A good understanding of this reality is a start and should give you confidence. Absorb that and understand that you can't make a mistake.

I've been there. I've been all nervous and approaching a woman and wondering if I was going to say the right thing. I've gone in shaking and she can tell.

I once approached a woman and asked her to dance. She said, "With YOU? No thanks!"

That was a mind-shattering experience that happened years ago and I still come to think about it. But as I recollect what happened I understood what I did wrong. Two things.

First, I did not show confidence.

And second, I let her response bother me. Fact is, she was the loser. She missed out on meeting me.

I'd like to meet you but... Try this approach. You see a woman you want to meet.

You walk up to her and simply say: "I'd like to meet you but I'm a little unsure of the best approach. How would you advise me?"

If she says she's not interested, fine. Smile and confidently say, "good advice, thanks" and walk away.

If she is interested, you've set the starting point for some fun conversation. I can see it going like this:

You: "I'd like to meet you but I'm a little unsure of the best approach and I'm not really very good at this. What would you suggest?" (You can do this with a feeling of confidence, because it's true)

Her: "Well you might start by telling me your name and asking mine."

You: "Are you sure that will work?"

Hopefully, she'll get your spirit of fun and begin to have fun as you play this meeting game.

Something that starts fun, might just end up the way you want.

Remember to get her talking about herself.

But if you didn't, what do you suggest? But what if she responds to your first question with: "I have a boyfriend."

Try this: "I'm sure you do. But if you didn't, what do you suggest is the best way for a guy to approach a woman he wants to meet?"

If she gives you advice, use it right then by saying, "Mind if I try it out?" And then do just that.

Who knows what might happen. Maybe she doesn't even have a boyfriend.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment